About our team
We are a consumer fintech company on a mission to help Americans save. Accrue Savings is backed by a fantastic set of VCs and angels, and has a large number of early retailer customers, led by an experienced founder and operator with a growing team. We’re looking for curious, self-starters, who are determined to drive an idea from inception to market.
About the role
The Principal Product Designer will report to the Head of Product and will set design direction across all current and future Accrue Savings products and experiences. This is an opportunity for an experienced designer to grow into a leader in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Successful candidates will meld their passion for designing visually appealing products, thinking strategically, and developing junior talent to establish Accrue’s design culture and process.
What you'll do
- Lead design of our consumer facing experience and retailer platform
- Design product concepts & features that balance vision, craft, speed, and business potential
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution
- Work closely with retailers, product & engineering, and the executive team to develop, prioritize, and execute the product roadmap
- Ship often. Ship MVPs that allow us to continuously experiment and validate our hypotheses while maintaining a quality user experience.
- Set design direction for our yet-to-be-launched mobile native apps
- Set a high bar for execution, both in terms of quality and speed
- Mentor and develop junior design talent
- Work with Marketing to devise new ways to tell great stories throughout the user lifecycle, and across our site, product, and other channels
- Evolve our design system, process, and tooling as we scale
- Join the founding team and be a part of all major future decisions
What we'd love to see
- 5+ years work experience at a high velocity consumer technology company with >100k users
- A strong demonstrated ability to design & ship thoughtfully-designed visually appealing product built for scale
- Well-rounded skills and experience running projects independently end-to-end
- Strong communicator and storyteller, adept at applying user research, presenting to cross functional audiences, and managing stakeholders
- A passion for designing and building great social or fintech experiences
- Worked with distributed teammates and understand the communication patterns of working within a remote first organization
Benefits & perks
- Robust health benefits packages (3 of 4 medical plans cost $0 for full family coverage)
- Company contributed 401k plan
- An empathetic team that values mental wellness and work/life balance
- A hybrid-friendly work environment with a brand new Union Square NYC office
- Ground floor opportunity to bring a product to market that helps people in a way that doesn't exist today
The estimated pay range for this role, based in New York City, is $150,000 - 250,000(annual).
The range listed is just one component of Accrue's total compensation package; other benefits include those listed above such as healthcare and 401k.
Accrue Savings is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.